Hiring an experienced commercial lease lawyer for your retail or office lease negotiation is vital to protecting your long-term business interests. We handle various real estate matters for business clients throughout the New York Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Matters Our Commercial Lease Lawyers Handle Include:
- Letters of intent
- Lease Assignments
- “Good Guy” Guarantee
- Lease Surrender Agreements
- Lease review and drafting
- Rent reduction – re-negotiation with the landlord
- Negotiate Buy-Outs of Leases
- Indemnification agreements
- Subleases, Licensing Agreements
- Right of first refusal, Options
- Construction (“build-out”) riders
- Subordination Non-Disturbance Agreements (SNDAs)
- Pop-Up Leases
NYC Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
Assignment, Sublease & Early Termination
We have a network of expediters and architects to call on to assist our Clients in ensuring that the proposed location meets their business’s needs.
Protecting your interests in your commercial lease can be the most significant factor affecting the bottom line of most small businesses. Leases must be properly drafted to ensure the tenant has the most flexible options regarding the assignment, subleases, or early termination.
We have successfully negotiated out hidden “traps” in a retail or office lease, such as demolition clauses. In the current development boom in New York City, this is a clause where the landlord wants an absolute right to terminate a commercial lease early. Such a retail or office lease clause makes selling a tenant’s business almost impossible. That one small clause can wipe out all the equity a tenant has built up in its business.
An experienced commercial lease lawyer always strives to negotiate the most flexible good guy guaranties and exit strategies. One of our biggest priorities is protecting our client’s personal assets.
We build long-term relationships with our clients. We can focus the commercial lease negotiation on what matters most to them by gaining insight into their objectives.
Representative Commercial Lease Matters
- We represented a national chain of tea cafes in negotiating a retail lease for their first New York location.
- We negotiated a lease for a 2200 sq. ft., two-story bookstore in Midtown Manhattan.
- We represented a long-term client renting billboard space on the side of his building to an international outdoor advertising company.
- We represented a mixed-use building owner in negotiating and drafting two retail leases for his store tenants.
- We negotiated a lease for the first New York flagship store in Nolita for a west-coast clothing chain.
To schedule a consultation, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 212-619-1500