Hiring an experienced commercial lease lawyer for your lease negotiation is vital to protecting your long-term business interests when leasing retail, industrial or office space. We handle a wide range of real estate matters on behalf of business clients throughout the New York Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Matters Our Commercial Lease Lawyers Handle Include:
- Letters of intent
- Lease Assignments
- “Good Guy” Guarantee
- Lease Surrender Agreements
- Lease review and drafting
- Rent reduction – re-negotiation with landlord
- Indemnification agreements
- Right of first refusal
- Construction (“build-out”) riders
- Subordination Non-Disturbance Agreement (SNDAs)
NYC Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
Assignment, Sublease & Early Termination
We have a network of expediters and architects to call on to assist our Clients in ensuring that the proposed location meets their business’s needs.
Protecting your interests in your commercial lease can be the biggest factor affecting the bottom line of most small businesses. Leases must be properly drafted to ensure that the tenant has the most flexible options regarding assignment, subleases, or early termination.
We have been successful in negotiating out hidden “traps” in leases such as demolition clauses. In the current development boom in New York City, this is a clause where the landlord wants an absolute right to terminate a lease early. Such a clause in a lease makes a tenant’s business almost impossible to sell. That one small clause can wipe out all the equity a tenant has built up in its business.
An experienced commercial lease lawyer will always strive to negotiate the most flexible good guy guaranties and exit strategies.One of our biggest priorities is protecting our clients’ personal assets.
We build long-term relationships with our clients. By gaining insight into their objectives, we are able to focus the commercial lease negotiation on what matters most to them.
Representative Commercial Lease Matters
- In February 2016, we represented a national chain of tea cafes in the negotiation of a retail lease for their first New York location.
- In December 2015, we negotiated a lease for a 2200 sq. ft., two story book store in Midtown Manhattan
- In February 2106, we represented a long-term Client is renting billboard space on the side of his building to an international outdoor advertising company
- In February 2016, we represented a mixed-use building owner in the negotiation and drafting of two retail leases for his store tenants
- In June of 2017, we negotiated a lease for the first New York flagship store in Nolita for a west cost clothing chain
To schedule a consultation, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 212-619-1500