When starting a business, it is crucial to strategically organize your corporate entity. Even the smallest mistake can result in a lawsuit, regulatory violations or tax implications that can prevent you from reaching your business goals. The Wright Law Firm has the practical experience in advising Clients on Business Formation & Startup Consulting in New York to help ensure your compliance with laws and regulations affecting your industry as well protect your assets.
We routinely advise our Clients on corporate matters such as:
- Setting up closely held New York corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships.
- Representing individuals who want to invest in a closely held ongoing business
- Drafting and negotiating LLC operating agreements, by-laws, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, investor rights agreements and buy-sell Agreements
- Drafting and negotiating “key employee” agreements, non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Advising businesses about bank loans and financing options and draft the necessary documents such as promissory notes, security agreements, and UCC filings
Representative Business Formation Matters
- I assisted an internationally known musician to open a Brooklyn music venue in 2015. I advised him on the choice of entity, tax status, and trademark. I negotiated the lease for his premises and represented him in his application for a full liquor license.
- In the fall of 2015, I counseled a restaurateur in the choice of entity, tax implications and licensing issues regarding his new upscale restaurant in Manhattan.
- In 2015, a long-term Client of mine, who owns a building in Greenwich Village, decided to partner with established Brooklyn restaurant owners and form a limited liability company. I negotiated the lease for the restaurant LLC in my Client’s building and advised him on indemnification, licensing and construction issues.
To schedule a consultation, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 212-619-1500